Check off these good practices for keeping a youthful appearance:
- Drink plenty of water, it will keep you hydrated and help your body detoxify.
- Abstain from smoking and limit alcohol intake.
- Always wear a hat in the sun and avoid squinting (and wrinkles!) with sunglasses.
- Use sunscreen daily, exposure to UV radiation causes premature aging.
- Try a bronzing product in favour of tanning beds which deliberately damage your skin to produce a tan
- Cleanse and exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells and help your product penetrate deeper..
- Protect the sensitive skin around your eyes, it is very delicate and needs extra care with specially designed product.
- Use a collagen night cream, this important structural protein will help you look rejuvenated in the morning
- Be sure to remove all makeup nightly to avoid clogging your skin, and change your pillow sham often.
- Include antioxidants in your supplements as well as skin care products to combat free radical damage
- Treat yourself to facials and moisture-replenishing masks.
- Use warm water on your face, never hot.
- Reduce stress with meditation, regular exercise, yoga, breathing techniques, or your favourite relaxation method. Remember, stress can age you prematurely.
- Avoid processed foods full of bad fat, sugar, salt and caffeine which can take a toll on your body and affect your health.
- Find what gives you joy
Add these tips to your routine and keep them guessing about your age!